Monday, August 13, 2007

Edible craft

Scott made it home safe and sound from his convention in Sweden. At least this particular convention wasn't over Thanksgiving weekend as it has been for the last couple of years. In preparation, my thoughtful husband signed us up for Skype so we were able to stay in touch by teleconferencing. The kids thought it was very cool to see their daddy when he called.

Over the weekend he was gone, I took the kids to the zoo. (We went early before it got extremely hot.)

My little chefs helped make homemade pizza. This really excited Aden, who told me he really liked helping me make dinner because it was like making a craft you can eat.

We had plans to go to the beach this past weekend since Scott was home, but with temperatures consistently over 100 and two confirmed shark attacks last week at the Isle of Palms, we decided to go to the South Carolina State Museum and EdVenture Children's Museum instead.

We do need to go to the beach, but I think we will have to wait until the temperatures drop, which means it will be after school starts. No worries. The sand and the waves will still be there waiting for us.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home