Thursday, April 26, 2007

Lost and Found



Last Friday I took the day off to help chaperone my son's kindergarten class on their trip to the zoo. Since there were so many volunteers, I was only responsible for my child. Each chaperone team was given a Scavenger Hunt list to find certain animals and figure out which animals on the list were not in our zoo. Aden and I teamed up with one of his classmates and his Mom. The boys had such a great time, we will have to make a play date soon.

Saturday after our kids' soccer games we realized our 11-year-old black lab/pit bull mix was missing. Our back gate was standing wide open. We don't know who opened the gate and left it open or how long she had been missing. Scott traveled the neighborhood on foot while the kids and I took the van. We couldn't find her. The rest of the day was spent making "Lost Dog" signs for surrounding neighborhoods in or area. We did receive several calls from people stating they had seen our dog, but no one actually called and said they had her. Eventually, the "old lady" wound up in the pound later in the week and we were able to bring her home. All creatures great and small, the Lord God loves them all.

Wednesday, we took off a couple of hours from work to see Danielle's day care class put on their Spring Concert. Once a week a lady comes to the day care for music and rhythm class. All the children were all so sweet. I couldn't help but mist a little when the class did their finale to "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow". I love these little programs and field trips and I wouldn't miss these moments for the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home