Monday, August 28, 2006

Soccer and Smocking




Aden finally started soccer this week. He's been looking forward to it all summer. We made sure his best friend Jamie would be on his team. I missed the first practice, so I haven't earned my "Soccer Mom" title yet.

Danielle started ballet this week too. Finally, I don't have to hear the question, "When do dance lessons start?" Now the question is, " When is it Tuesday, so I can go to dance?"



Me and Danielle in our matching smocked Mother/daughter dresses.

I should have had the dresses finished in time for Mother's Day, but I had a little difficulty putting the finishing touches on mine. (The kids quit taking naps on the weekend.) This is only the second adult dress I've made -- it's smocked around the waist with fine piping. I had a heck of a time getting the tie-backs and everything to line up just right in the back. I also had to remove about 18 inches of lace from the yoke of Danielle's bishop and re-sew it because she refused to wear the "clown dress". She was right -- it did have too many ruffles, but it in no way resembled a "clown dress" as she put it.

One day, I will put up pictures of past dresses I've made for her on this blog. I need iron some of them before I take pictures. Anyone who knows me well, knows how much I abhor ironing, so I've been putting it off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home