Monday, April 24, 2006

Tea for Two

Saturday, I left the kids with Scott for the afternoon while I went with a girlfriend to a tea tasting at a gallery near Five Points. I may not enjoy wine, but I do enjoy hot tea occasionally. Mostly, I drink Lady Grey or mint tea (in teabags) on cold mornings. At the tea tasting, I received a brief education on loose tea quality and proper brewing. We tried four varieties: a Chinese jasmine green tea, South African rooibos, Nilgiri from India, and a Chinese tea called Temple of Heaven Gunpowder. Admittedly, none of these appealed to my unrefined taste for tea. I'll continue to stick to my "poorer quality" teabags (with lots of sugar) for now.

I was raised in the South – we drink sugah in our tea down heah y'all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

I love Lady Grey tea too, but not being from the South, I prefer it black, lol!
I received your email Jen and will reply soon! :D

12:33 AM  
Blogger Lelia said...

LOL!! I pass on the sugar ... do enjoy Lady Grey & Mint combo in my teapot. 4 minute brew & it is perfect 'as is' IMO.

Enjoyed reading all your SBQ Q&A's ... did you consider posting it all on your blog? Nice job with all the answers.

Now, back to my Drawn Thread stitching. It is cloudy, rainy, & downright bleak. I plan to post-pone my errands this a.m.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home