Tuesday, May 30, 2006

You Say It’s Your Birthday…It’s My Birthday Too!

May is the birthday month in our family. This week has been buzzing with activity.

Scott and the kids took me out to dinner for my 30-something-or-another birthday on Thursday.

High school friends of mine had their first child on Friday. Yeah! Happy Birthday Nigel - congratulations Devin and Margaret.


Although Aden’s actual birthday is today, we celebrated his party on Saturday with friends and family at a water park. New neighbors moved into the house next door earlier this month and they have a 5-year-old boy. Aden has been so excited to have someone his own age to play with and the fact his new friend, Joseph, could come to his party. Everyone had a great time.

Scott planted a little garden in the backyard Saturday morning. We have a few tomato plants, green peppers, and a strawberry plant. We may do more next year, but want to see how well these do first.

Sunday, we went to Scott’s parents’ house to celebrate his mom’s birthday. Scott’s grandmother moved to South Carolina earlier this year so we get to see her a lot more often. I think it’s great our kids are getting to know their great-grandmother. Families are important. We had fun playing in the yard and in the wading pool. The kids always have fun at Granna’s house.

Monday, we had a family day at the zoo. Sorry no picture of the zoo trip. I deliberately left the camera at home because I wanted to enjoy the day without lugging it around and trying to catch that perfect picture. The one time I leave the camera is the one day my kids berate me for “forgetting” it. They wanted me to take pictures of them on a tiger statue and of them playing around the park area. Aden told me he would have to remind me to bring the camera next time.

We had a nice celebration with just the four of us tonight for Aden. He really liked all the presents he received. I need to help him finish doing thank you cards this week.

Whew, I’m tired. I’m glad to get all the SC birthdays out the way. June doesn’t look like it’s going to let up on us. Aden is signed up for a four-week, eight session baseball camp. We also have vacation Bible school coming up at the end of June too.

Happy early birthday, Forrest - Love, Aunt Jen, Uncle Scott, Aden and Danielle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home